Tesco – Woolwich Central (Phase 2)
Cudd Bentley were appointed to undertake the mechanical and electrical services for a prestigious new mixed-use scheme development in Woolwich for Spenhill Limited.
The development comprises of a Tesco store, basement parking and plant rooms, ground floor level retail units, 320 residential units that wrap around the building beneath the podium level and 5 residential blocks above the podium. Soft and hard landscaping areas are proposed at podium level comprising of public realm and children’s play area.
The Development has a BREEAM ‘Very Good’ rating and provides 25% of its energy through low carbon technologies. The Apartments have a Code for Sustainable Homes level 3 rating. A gas-fired CCHP system is to be installed to the development in order to comply with Part L2 of the building regulations and local planning conditions. It will serve the domestic hot water requirements along with part cooling for the Tesco store via an absorption chiller. Electricity generated by the CCHP plant will feed into the Tesco store LV supply, reducing overall demand from the grid.
The following services to be provided are:
- Incoming Gas, Water and Electrical Services Infrastructure
- Landlords CCTV Systems
- Landlords Fire Alarms Systems
- Landlords Lighting and Emergency Lighting.
- Landlords Power Distribution and Small Power Installations
- Above Ground Drainage
- Sprinkler Pumps and Tank Infrastructure
- Smoke Ventilation
- Central Landlords Ventilation Systems
- Car Park Controls, Lighting and Small Power
- CHP Provision
September 30, 2022